Note: The Hydraulic Pumps are not included as they are part of a larger Hydraulic System which supplies several other Presses.
The Press comes complete with the following:
• All Valving
• Prefill and Atmospheric Tanks
• All related piping
• All existing Entry and Exit feed tables
• A Track-Mounted Action model 2860 Billet Manipulator installed next to the Press.
• Complete Electrical System including all Control Cabinets installed new in 2013
• PLC Controls including the Operator Console Pulpit installed new in 2013
• A large assortment of available spare parts
• All existing documentation including manuals, electrical & hydraulic schematics, foundation drawings, etc.
In 2013 the Press was rebuilt and upgraded at a cost of over $3,500,000. USD. The Press Containers were rebuilt, all valves were rebuilt with new wear components, all brass was replaced for the container and rams and the Runout Table, the Quench System and the Kick-Off Rack were all rebuilt. Container Heating, Velocity and Tonnage control were all improved and a New Chop Saw was installed. Finally, all new PLC Controls and Control Pulpit were installed.
After this work was done, the press only ran through the end of 2014 and was shut down due to excess manufacturing capacity in the plant.
The Press has been very well maintained and is in Excellent working condition.
It was used to produce items from materials such as Duplex, Super Duplex, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys, 300 Series Stainless, 400 Series Stainless, 9 Chrome (aka P91) and Carbon Steel.
In addition to pipes it also made an array of shapes.
It was last used to produce heavy Seamless Pipe up to 508mm (20") diameter and up to 50.8mm (2") wall thickness.
On some diameters products were extruded up to 70 feet long and then Saw Cut to length.
W/O the Pumps & accumulator station, the press weighs approx 2,780,000 lbs (1,264 tonnes).
It is located at a Southern USA plant, is immediately available, and may be shown under power in case of serious interest!